Thursday, June 25, 2009

The 2009 NHL draft is shaping up to be an exciting night for fans, but may cause some headaches for General Managers and players alike. There are several key questions heading into Friday night, and will teams be able to make the right move to point their franchises in the proper direction or will they falter. Here are five key questions that will be answered at the draft.


  1. Will Vinny be heading north, as much as I am sick of this story I would really like to see him get traded to Montreal, but with the recent ownership decision I am feeling like it may have just got harder to move him. I say move Markov and whoever else and bring Vinny home.
  2. Who will the Islanders choose with their first pick of the draft, will they go with the sexy pick in Tavares, or go with the solid defenseman out of Modo. I believe Hedman is the right choice for the Isles, but will management feel forced to pick the Tavares in case of a riot by the fans.
  3. Will Burke be able to move up in the draft, and be able to grab Tavares or Hedman. I say no I don’t think there is anyway he can get his paws on either, there is a rumor though Burke is making a strong push for Atlanta’s number four pick (could we have another brother tandem?).
  4. Will Jay Bo get moved, this is one thing I have no idea what is going to happen with this guy, as much as I read about the situation, and all that I am hearing about right now your guess is as good as mine.
  5. What players will be moved around at the draft the Sedin Sisters, Heater, Pronger, JJ, Cammy, there are so many players that have the potential to have there rights moved it should make for great television tomorrow night.


Hopefully there are splashes made tonight because i can’t wait another minute for tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment